Sunday, April 12, 2015

George Alexander Reid and Eliza Jane Garrick



This week I was telling my Mom how much fun I am having being a grandpa and some of the things that I enjoy doing with my grandkids. She then told me how much she enjoyed when her Great-Grandpa Reid would tell her stories and nursery rhymes and then teasingly mix up or alter the ending causing her to giggle and correct him. That is one of my favorite things to do as well!
I loved hearing Mom tell me that about Great-Grandpa Reid. I had never realized before that she knew her Great-Grandpa and Grandma Reid. They are Grandma Barlow's Mom and Dad. Grandpa Reid died in 1947 when my mom was eight years old and Grandma Reid died in 1954. They were both born in the 1860's in Salt Lake City, just a little more than 12 years after the first pioneers came into Utah! It just amazes me that my Mom knew someone that knew Brigham Young! 
I don't know much about Grandpa and Grandma George and Eliza Reid, but fortunately Grandma Barlow wrote a few pages about her parents before she died. Aunt Glenda sent me these writings recently and I will be sharing a little about them in coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment